Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome! Below you will find the initial application to the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program for the 2021 cycle. The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program (CELP) is a unique academic and professional development opportunity for students who are the first members of their families to attend university. By providing an array of educational resources, direct connections to Harvard faculty, mentorship opportunities, and affinity networks, CELP supports young people in over 115 countries in reimagining their academic and professional futures.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to start your application! This application can be completed on any device such as a desktop computer, mobile phone, laptop, or tablet.
This application should take you 15 to 30 minutes to complete. Please make sure you read our eligibility criteria and our FAQ before applying. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you will unlock access to free HarvardX courses and a certificate with completion of our initial application. We are still accepting applications.
You will need to provide the following documents:
- Any confirmation of university enrollment or graduation, preferably a transcript. Your transcript can be informal, and you can even submit a recent grade report. The language of your home country is fine - the transcript does not have to be in English.
- ID verification.
- OPTIONAL resume.
The Crossroads team is available to support you at anytime throughout the application process. We host live events for prospective applicants on a weekly basis, where you can ask questions and seek application support. Please see upcoming events here.
You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to getting to know you and welcoming you into our community of students around the world!
Please see the following notes about the application platform and process:
- In order to apply, you will need to create a free Submittable account. Please make sure you are using the same email address throughout each stage of the Crossroads program.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If you need to make changes to the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- The Submittable platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
The Crossroads team will follow up regarding your submission by email. Please make sure you check your email regularly. For technical questions or trouble with the application platform, please visit the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team here.
The best and fastest way to reach the Crossroads team is through your Submittable application - please see instructions here.
Once accepted to the Crossroads program, students will continue through a multi-stage selection process. Students qualifying for the first stage of the Crossroads program will receive access to free HarvardX courses hosted by Harvard faculty members from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds.